Monday 8 May 2017

Out and about at Georgian Bay

Due to a hiccup in plans we didn't finish our Canadian posting...so here we go...

On the final day with our friends at Georgian Bay, we managed to see a few sights.  Because of rain the day before, we entertained ourselves with indoor bowling...like 10 pin bowling but with five skittles and smaller balls...we all had fun and went back a second day



After this we went for a drive and saw some beautiful scenery...will leave with some photos and a comment at the end....














The last night we were invited out for supper...we would call it dinner/tea...which was in walking distance to where we were staying...there was a beautiful sunset and I was walking down a track to the lake to get a photo. Something move and I thought it may have been a fox that we had seen about or a squirrel...so I "shush, shushed" it like I would a sheep and this thing skittled up a tree...I suddenly thought, this is bigger than a squirrel so I tried to get it moving a bit more and realised that it was a raccoon looking at me from the tree...so no sunset photo as I wasn't going to walk past the tree :)  

For the boats wrapped...because the lakes freeze over, they take the boats and pontoons out of the water, drain the pipes etc and then wrap them up with shrink wrap, to stop the snow and ice from ruining the boat.



No comments:

Post a Comment